Visit the official Doctor Who website

Visit the official Doctor Who website
Look to the future

Asylum seekers...

Asylum seekers...
Refuge of the Daleks

Doctor Who picture resource

Doctor Who picture resource
Roam the space lanes!

Explore the Doctor Who classic series website

Explore the Doctor Who classic series website
Step back in time

Infiltrate The Hub of Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood

Infiltrate The Hub of Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood
Armed and extremely dangerous

Investigate The Sarah Jane Adventures

Investigate The Sarah Jane Adventures
Fearless in the face of adversity

Call on Dani’s House

Call on Dani’s House
Harmer’s a charmer

Intercept the UFO fabsite

Intercept the UFO fabsite
Defending the Earth against alien invaders!

Uncover the secrets of the Dollhouse

Uncover the secrets of the Dollhouse
Programmable agent Echo exposed!

Hell’s belles

Hell’s belles
Naughty but nice

Love Exposure

Love Exposure
Flash photography!

Primeval portal

Primeval portal
Dressed to kill or damsels in distress?

Charmed, to be sure!

Charmed, to be sure!
The witches of San Francisco

Take on t.A.T.u.

Take on t.A.T.u.
All the way from Moscow

Proceed to the Luther website

Proceed to the Luther website
John and Jenny discuss their next move

DCI Banks is on the case

DCI Banks is on the case
You can bet on it!

On The Grid with Spooks

On The Grid with Spooks
Secret agents of Section D

Bridge to Hustle

Bridge to Hustle
Shady characters

Life on Ashes To Ashes

Life on Ashes To Ashes
Coppers with a chequered past

Claire’s no Exile

Claire’s no Exile
Goose steps

Vexed is back on the beat!

Vexed is back on the beat!
Mismatched DI Armstrong and bright fast-tracker Georgina Dixon

Medium, both super and natural

Medium, both super and natural
Open the door to your dreams

Who’s that girl? (350-picture Slideshow)

Thursday 15 March 2007

Kate Bush - Cloudbusting

6 comments:

Steve said...

Ah Kate Bush! The thinking, feeling, pre-Raphelite man's crumpet. I loved Cloudbusting though much prefered Mother Stands For Comfort from the Hounds Of Love album. Are there plans afoot to release Kate's video work on DVD I wonder...? I keep searching and preying but nothing so far...

Steve said...

I, of course, meant praying. Dear me. Too much red meat in my diet, methinks.

Stuart Douglas said...

Brilliant album and a great song (although I also think Mother Stands for Comfort is the best thing on it).

On the subject of Kate DVDs I finally got a really good quality copy of her live show from 79 the other day - absolutely lovely stuff.

Old Cheeser said...

How completely strange!! Or as Kate might say, like, weally amazing!! This is one of my favourite ever songs (and certainly one of Kate's best) and oddly enough I was going to post it up as one of mv Videos of the Fortnight! Seems that you beat me to it, Tim...

Like Steve I really wish they'd bring out KB's stuff on DVD. I have most of her videos on VHS and they're gems. The early ones are a triumph of Bush theatrics over low budget. Some you just can't help giggling at. And then there's brilliant ones like "Army Dreamers" and "Breathing". Where did you get the DVD of the concert Stuart?

Anyway I agree, Cloudbusting is a great song/video. Donald Sutherland gives it added gravitas (apparently it was hard work getting him on board) and Kate looks sooo cute!

TimeWarden said...

Like Simon, I have the “Singles Collection” on video, too, and many apologies for stealing your thunder with the posting of “Cloudbusting”, if you’ll also pardon the pun! It’s interesting that a number of her songs border on dealing with science fiction concepts while she’s not known for such in the same way as Bowie is/was. Rain-making machines, the Quatermass-like “Experiment IV” and fallout in the very underrated “Breathing” (What a bass line! Hits you right in the stomach!!).

I’ve no idea if her videos will ever find their collective way onto DVD, Steve. I’d be interested to know, Stuart, from which gig, or gigs, the live show DVD is taken? I have a friend in Rio, I chat with on MSN, who is always watching this recording so I must try and remember to ask him, as I was lucky enough to be present in Liverpool on the first night of Kate’s one and only tour (Dined on that fact for years!!!). Now, where did I put my bunch of purple flowers..?

Stuart Douglas said...

I traded some Neil Young live stuff for the Kate DVD - it's the Christmas Special with Peter Gabriel - Dec 28, 1979, as seen half way down this page:

http://www.bobbyshred.com/katebush.html

Damn fine stuff and beutifully re-mastered (by what seems to be a Genesis fanclub member according tot he DVD menus)